Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Pancake Recipe

On 2007-05-02, CND > wrote:

> commercial pancake mix. The one on sale here is of the "only-add-
> water" type which I always have disliked.

Yeah, they suck. So does the recipe you posted. Way too much baking
powder.

> I don't put anything on my pancakes except butter and real maple syrup

Then why waste good syrup on lousy pancakes? Here's the best advice
you'll ever get on pancakes. USE BUTTERMILK!! That's it. Look for a
recipe that uses baking powder AND baking soda AND BUTTERMILK! The
Alton Brown recipe given elsewhere in this thread should work just
fine. Try it. The results will be immediate and everlasting. You'll
never go back.

nb