Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ms P Ms P is offline

Default Pancake Recipe

"CND" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi folks,

I'm new in the group and I have some questions that perhaps someone
can answer. I found a pancake recipe that resembles the taste of my
favorite US commercial pancake mix: "Pillsbury's Hungry Jack". I
don't remember exactly where I got it from, but this is it:

2 cups of flour
5 tsps of baking powder
4 tbsps Sugan
1 tsp salt
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup of oil
2 eggs

The recipe asks to mix the first four ingredients in a bag and then
put that mix into a bowl and add the rest of the liquid ingredients
folding them into a lumpy batter. The recipe also suggests putting the
mix in the refrigerator for five minutes before actually start making
the pancakes.

By doing this, I consistently get flat pancakes. Thanks for any advice,

César,
Denia, Spain

The ratio of liquid to dry seems pretty high for thick pancakes. I'd cut
the oil to a quarter cup and cut the milk down to 1 & 1/2 cups.

The mix I use is 1 cup mix to 3/4 cup milk, 2 Tablespoons oil and 1 egg. It
makes nice thick pancakes.

Ms P