Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected][_2_] yigocheng@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default 25 yr old aged tie guan yin

On Apr 27, 12:43 am, Mydnight > wrote:

> Before I lived in a far-away place in China's Western/Central Sichuan
> province. Clean tea for export, I seriously doubt that would ever
> occur.
>
> There are NO organic standards in China that are credible. The best
> thing they have come up with so far is little stickers that read
> "organic" in Chinese and sometimes in English. It's meaningless.
>
> There WILL NEVER be organic in China. As long as things are the way
> they are here, you will always find people that can BUY their products
> into the "organic" category. Maybe it's time to start looking into
> Japanese teas more than Chinese teas.

According to my experience living in China, there are some Organic
teas here...

1. The teas people get from factories are hard to say, because as
Maurice mentioned before, the factory usually get teas from tea-
farmers, and in this situation, the pesticides are often used;
otherwise the tealeaves would be full of holes from bugs.

2. The tea farmers never drink teas that have used pesticides, it's
totally organic. Because this tea is not for sale.

Well, until now, there are so many brands in market say that their
teas are organic, but usually, who knows?...