lilian

Default Chinese tomatoes

ASmith1946 > wrote:

> The organization I run (www.globaled.org) operates programs in the PRC and we
> have a staff member who is Chinese. Then, we work closely with the Chinese
> community in New York, and they say the same thing. And then the title of the
> Mandarin language version of my previously mentioend tomato book is "fan qui."
> That's it.

That's it: but having asked a couple of sinologist (Chinese speakers are
not famous for their controll of pinyin) and a Chinese cook, I mantain
you have a typo on that cover. If you "qui" [sic] has the grass on the
top, the force on the left and the mouth on the right even the Oxford
dictionary gives me plenty on ground and states that I am right. If the
word is, on the other hand, written in a different way, I am quite
curious to know which one it is. Could you please post a link to the
Chinese character?

--
lilian