Cookie Cutter

Default Defining Cuisine

The definition of "cuisine" seems to be very loose and very subjective.
There are those who assert that one country has one and another
country does not but I have yet to come up with any set of criteria that
I fully understand or am comfortable applying.

Is there a standard? As I remember, Mexico was not considered to have a
"cuisine" until Diana Kennedy published her books on the Mexican kitchen
then -- suddenly -- Mexican had a cuisine.

How do you define "cuisine?" If you view some countries as having a
cuisine and other countries as not, what are your criteria? What
countries to your mind have a cuisine and what countries do not?

Cookie