Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight Mydnight is offline

Default 25 yr old aged tie guan yin

On Apr 26, 11:13 am, teaholic > wrote:
> Mydnight wrote:
> > I never saw green tea rinsed before until I moved to Southern China.
> > The green tea I had drank before was beautifully clean...the stuff
> > here that you get may or may not contain pencil lead...

> > Buyer beware...really.

> Where was your previous location, with the clean green tea? Any sources
> for U.S. customers?

Before I lived in a far-away place in China's Western/Central Sichuan
province. Clean tea for export, I seriously doubt that would ever
occur.

There are NO organic standards in China that are credible. The best
thing they have come up with so far is little stickers that read
"organic" in Chinese and sometimes in English. It's meaningless.

There WILL NEVER be organic in China. As long as things are the way
they are here, you will always find people that can BUY their products
into the "organic" category. Maybe it's time to start looking into
Japanese teas more than Chinese teas.