Christophe Bachmann

Default Italian Cuisine

In ,
Frogleg wrote :

> On 10 May 2004 11:14:04 GMT, (ASmith1946) wrote:
>>
>> It seems to me that we have several interesting threads within this
>> discussion.

> Anyone care to bring polenta to the boil? Another New World ingredient
> that's "typically Italian."

In the Aosta valley (northern Italy), italophone Switzerland and
south-eastern France true polenta is still made from chestnut flour, the
maize flour substitute is also (more and more) named polenta, and sorrily
the chestnut polenta is being slowly forgotten, but maize is clearly a
substitute.

--
Salutations, greetings,
Guiraud Belissen, Chteau du Ciel, Drachenwald