Posted to alt.food.barbecue
JimnGin JimnGin is offline

Default Is My Wife Crazy...

....or is it simply that her sense of taste better than mine?! I
grilled burgers tonight, and as I was getting out the wood chips- both
apple and cherry, my lovely and wonderful wife, whom I love very much,
said- "Don't use the cherry wood chips. I don't like them because they
make the meat taste like cherries!" I know she's at least a little
crazy, because she married me, but still! I've never noticed fruit
wood imparting the taste of their respective fruits to any meat I've
grilled or smoked, but I don't have the greatest sense of taste. Is
what my wife said about cherry wood making meat taste like cherries
true, or even possible, or is it all in her head? Do fruit woods
impart the taste of their respective fruits to meats in any way
whatsoever? If so, I've definitely not detected it!

Thanks,

JimnGin