Posted to rec.food.cooking
Marcella Peek Marcella Peek is offline

Default Quick picks at Trader Joe's.

In article > ,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:

> Andy <q> :
>
> > When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.
> >
> > Today's haul, as minimal as it is:
> >
> > Trader Joe's Jalapeņo Monterey Jack Cheese.

> Good stuff. I really like it.

An addiction at our house too

> > A 1 lb. bag of dry roasted pistachios.

We do the raw almonds or low salt cashews here. We also love their
dried cranberries, dried blenheim apricots, husband loves the banana
chips too.

I was there on Wednesday and picked up their ready made pie crust. I'm
not a fan of these generally, but there brana was pretty good. It
contains actual butter which might be the difference. At any rate, one
of the crusts was used for a strawberry pie which we quite enjoyed.

I picked up some of the regular unsalted butter. Let us know if you
notice any difference in taste with the orgainc you purchased.

I'm in love with the frozen garlic in cubes. My family thinks I'm weird
but I do love them - so convenient at times.

I don't remember who mentioned the carrot cake cupcakes but at this
point I have banned myself from that section of the store. They are
wicked and not good for my waistline so I have to resist. But, good
carrot cake and no raisins!

marcella