Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default Quick picks at Trader Joe's.

merryb wrote:

> My sister has a few chickens and gives me eggs on occasion. Very
> different than what you buy in the stores. She feeds them organic
> feed, if that makes any difference. The yolks are waaay yellower-
> almost orange.

Do you notice any increase of bad or fertilized eggs? I have this fear
of breaking open an egg and finding something terribly unpleasant. It
has only happened to me once (a chick, I swear) but it was horrible.
I break my eggs into a small bowl individually before adding them to a
recipe just to avoid the chance of ruining a bowl full of ingredients.