Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chatty Cathy Chatty Cathy is offline

Default Quick picks at Trader Joe's.

Goomba38 wrote:

> Right. I agreed with you and suggested the question asked by Joe to Andy
> was one that he could have written to Andy privately.

Fair enough. But I thought you were talking to "me"

> The egg question still stands though (obFood) as I really would like to
> support these kids fund raising but really don't know if I'll find more
> icky eggs than the rare one you buy at the market?

Getting back to your original question:

"Price of eggs: a friend of mine now has about 20 to 30 chickens. Her
children will be collecting the eggs and selling them for $1.00/dozen.
She's been asking everyone to collect their egg cartons for her. I've
never used home laid eggs, and wonder if there is anything I need to be
aware of? I know commercial egg producers "candle" their eggs but I
don't think these kids will be doing so."

Nothing you need to be aware of. Except to buy them and enjoy. I have
had several hens (down to one now - long story) - their eggs are really
good. I just collect the eggs, wash them in clean running water and put
them in the fridge - they will last a good week or two. Nothing better
than a "farm" fresh fried egg. Gotta wait a few days before you boil
them or they are not easy to peel.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy