snudle

Default greek Foods

chick peas boiled all day with lots of garlic and some Mediterranean green
leaf cabbage. flat bread made with stone ground flour (with bits of stone
mixed in with the flour), with some cheese (something like Philadelphia
cream cheese again flavored with garlic. A thick wine with a slightly burnt
flavor mixed with water to thin it out and sweetened with honey.

Fish was a big one, as well as some sort of sauce.

"Olivers" > wrote in message
> Dr muttered....
>
> > ACTUALLY, , , , , ,
> > If you research the acient ROMAN foods, the will be much the same as
> > early GREEK food. The Romans captured Greeks, and made them slaves
> > anfd they cooked for the Romans, therefore, Roman food IS Greek food.
> >

> One memorable difference, apparently....or at least rumored.
>
> Unusually, Roman soldiers on field duty apparently became quite restive

and
> even mutinous when their meat ration was high, while their favorite and
> best accepted ration were cooked grains, apparently a sort of multi-grain
> cooked cereal/gruel, not conventional bread. Historians seem to have
> established that "ordinary" Roamns ate little meat (and didn't seem to

want
> much more). One could certainly assume that the historical "track" runs

on