Kacey Barriss

Default Bacon

I can't speak for most American folks; but, in this particular area of
the States (SE Texas), it's rather taken a backseat to the use of the
BBQ grill - whether charcoal, electric, or gas. Years ago, when I lived
in a different part of the US, broiling was a common way to do steaks,
chicken pieces, etc. during the winter months.

Of course, traditionally, bacon is fried in a skillet (in this area) and
"drained" on a couple layers of paper towels. Some of the "geriatric"
people here also put a little vinegar in the skillet when frying bacon -
something I had never experienced when I lived north of the Mason-Dixon
line.

I don't have the expertise to answer the question the cultural
divergence of broiling/grilling. Perhaps some of our more learned
posters can enlighten us.

Kacey

--
Outgoing messages checked with Norton Antivirus 2003.