Frogleg

Default Refrigeration?

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:04:39 -0600, lid wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:00:59 GMT, Frogleg > wrote:

>>How often do you seal leftovers with lard? Or make chicken soup
>>immediately after preparing a meal of roast chicken?

>I've never done the former, but sometimes do the latter. Not much
>work involved. I put a big pot of water on the stove, drop all the
>meat (and sometimes some of the vegetable) leftovers in it. Takes
>very little longer than putting it in the trash and less time than
>packaging it for the 'frig.

You have a point there. I'm not so well-organized. :-)

*My* original point was that reliable refrigeration/freezing makes
cooking (and shopping and food storage/safety) a lot easier. I live in
a so-called 'temperate' climate where a box on the front porch would
probably serve to keep food in Jan-Feb, but would turn everything into
toxic mush in Jul-Aug.