Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
snpm snpm is offline

Default This is funny, right? It has to have a saving grace, and that has to be it.

On Apr 15, 10:06 pm, Steve > wrote:
> Funny? Maybe after a while.
>
> To me as a retailer it's MAJOR FRUSTRATING. Your story mentions
> Crushendo & multiple carboys. That spells $$$expense. But apparently
> you pour thru a funnel to move from one vessel to another rather than
> use a $5 Syphon rod and hose. Heck even with an (easy to use) Auto
> Syphon its still under $15.
>
> I've had guys in my store who are making wine on the CHEAP CHEAP and
> want to BORROW a large funnel. When I tell them I don't own a large
> funnel, they look at me pretty funny. Some actually buy the $5 syphon
> rig. One or two have gone looking for a funnel.
>
> It may sound like I'm picking on you, but you should have spent the $5
> long ago, Or if you had a siphon rig already, gone to the basement to
> get it.
>
> Steve

Ah, right. Well of course I had just used my siphon, as I had just
performed a rack. Its not the quickest clean, a siphon set up, so I
figured the funnel would be easier and quicker. And yes, it is clearly
time for the next size up

I am not discouraged to see that I am seeing the humor and you are
having the frustration. Perhaps that, in the long run, may demonstrate
itself to be my REAL saving grace