Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ceed ceed is offline

Default Buying brisket

Hi,

I like to "go all the way" when I do brisket in my good 'ol Brinkmann. This
means that I won't remove the brisket, wrap it, and finish it in the oven
like some recommend to get it juicy. I let it stay in the smoker until it's
done. However, it seems that I am very dependent on good quality brisket to
get a good result. I know I am doing it the same way every time, but the
end result is not always the same. Sometimes it gets dry and stringy.It
seems like briskets purchased at the same time in the same store ends up
very similar. So I have a feeling it has to do with the quality of the
meat. How can I check the brisket before I buy it trying to make sure what
I get is of good quality?

--
//ceed