Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] is offline

Default Yam Fries? [OT referance]

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> tofuqueen wrote:
>

>>I bought a big bag of yam (I think fries) at Costco today. Does
>>anyone have any wonderful recipes on how to make them delicious? Or
>>at least any other ideas on what to do with them? I was thinking of
>>olive oil and balsamic, garlic and roasting them. Maybe with some
>>onions too?

> I'd brush them with some neutral oil (grapeseed oil is my current favorite),
> sprinkle them with coarse salt and then LIGHTLY with curry powder
> (especially Jamaican curry powder), and roast them.
>
> Bob

I saw a recipe for marinated onion rings with which to make batter fried
onion rings with, oil, lemon juice, garlic, s & P, then diped in batter
and deep fried.

I have added honey to the batter to make half way decent onion rings but
never thought to marinate the onion rings before dipping in batter.
--
JL