Posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen AKA Kajikit Karen AKA Kajikit is offline

Default Need brownie recipe please

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:15:48 GMT, unge (Little
Malice) wrote:

>One time on Usenet, Karen AKA Kajikit > said:
>
>> I'm looking for a brownie recipe that uses semi-sweet bakers
>> chocolate, cocoa powder and butterscotch chips. Anyone got a good one?
>> (failing that, your best recipe for delicious chocolate brownies...)

>This is one that Buddy (DS - 9) and I came up with -- you could
>probably substitute butterscotch chips for the chocolate ones:
>
>Triple Chocolate Brownies
>
>Ingredients:
>
>2 squares baking chocolate, unsweetened
>3/4 cup flour
>1/2 teaspoon baking powder
>1/2 teaspoon salt
>1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
>1 cup granulated sugar
>2 eggs
>1 teaspoon vanilla
>1/3 cup cooking oil
>1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use mini-chips)
>
>Directions:
>
>Preheat oven to 350º F. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and
>cocoa powder in small bowl, sifting if necessary. Melt chocolate
>squares in very small bowl in microwave or over double boiler. Let
>cool slightly. In medium bowl, blend eggs and sugar; add oil, vanilla,
>and melted chocolate squares, mixing well. Stir in flour mixture in
>2-3 sections, blending well after each addition. Spread in greased
>8x8 inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted
>in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool in pan; cut into squares.
>Makes 9 big brownies or 12 medium ones.

Thanks for this! It looks good... kind of similar to my brother's
decadently rich bar-o-chocolate cake. You don't say what to do with
the chips but I assume they get mixed into the batter at the end.