Shashay Doofray

Default best historical reciepe

"Warren Okuma" > wrote in message

> "Shashay Doofray" > wrote in message
> > "Warren Okuma" > wrote in message
> > > So what is your favorite historical recipe that you tried?
> > >

> > I once tried Larded Rabbit from a 1868 cookbook, it wasn't bad, but the
> > directions were a little hard to figure out.
> >

> Sounds pretty neat. How did you cook it?

In a dutch oven in the fireplace (trying to be as authentic about it as
possible). It took six hours. Unfortunately, I put the turnips in too
early and they overcooked badly. But other than that it was quite tasty (if
you didn't think about it being a bunny).

When I get home to Missouri after the first of the year, I'll post the
recipe.

SD