Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pennyaline Pennyaline is offline

Default What exactly is *pre*heating?

BOB wrote:
> "Pennyaline" > wrote in message
>
>> Mitch Scherer wrote:

>>> Because if you didn't heat it you would have COLD water.

> Not if I heated *hot* water?
>> Would it be cold hot water?

> Possibly.
>
> I still want to know why anyone would heat hot water. ;-)

Clearly, you've never experienced that bone-numbing yelp and heard
someone yell frantically "The hot water's cold!" It usually happened in
the morning.

When I was a kid, we always had hot water heaters. We had an ice cream
freezer, too, but it wasn't a freezer like a freezer, y'know? And it
didn't freeze it, so we had to put it in the freezer afters anyway.

So maybe that's why.