Bob Pastorio

Default Bel cream maker

bogus address wrote:

> Bob Pastorio > writes:
>
>>This was a device to emulsify milk and butter back to a cream.
>>I'm looking for one or more to buy or trade.

> Is this for 1970s food re-enactments? Soggy de-emulsifying trifle
> by candlelight to commemorate the Three-Day Week?

<LOL> Right. And maybe the new currency that hit about then. I'd
already had a lot of trouble with British money, then they went and
changed it and I had to unlearn it all.

> They turn up in car boot sales occasionally. I'll keep an eye out
> for one, and maybe any of the other British readers of this group
> who regularly frequent car boot sales could do the same.

I don't know the reference "car boot sales" as we don't have "boots"
on American cars. We have "trunks" for some reason. Now that I look,
neither makes much sense. "Trunk" maybe because early cars literally
had trunks on cargo carriers at their rears. I've never heard of a
"car trunk sale" over here

What happens at such sales?

> Do you
> need a Green Lady or Crying Boy picture to go with it?

Either.

Actually the REAL question was about making cream from its components.
That's what I should have asked. Got lots of answers from other places
I posted the question. Whatever happened to the company that made the Bel?

Pastorio