Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Newbie needs HELP!

Nonnymus > wrote:
> Brett, now you're getting to the real fun of barbecue. To my simple way
> of thinking, the experimentation is 75% of the fun, while eating the
> most successful of the experiments is the other 25%. <grin>
>
> Brettster wrote:
> > How does the addition of an egg change or enhance the flavor of the
> > beef? Or does it?
> >
> > I guess I could experiment with this...but what would a coating of
> > ground pistachio and/or walnut do to the flavor of a barbecued burger?
> > Possibly with a jigger of Worcestershire sauce?

> Go slow on the Worcestershire sauce- it can really get overpowering
> quickly, IMHO. Remember to always let cooked meat set for a few minutes
> so it holds in the juices better when cut or bit.

Brett said he's in LA. The only place I'll eat burgers out is at the Tin
Horn Flats Cafe, 4103 W Burbank Blvd, Burbank. They're great! Since I like
mine blood rare, the cook always comes out and explains to me that gubmin
regs require the meat to be cooked to (some excessive number of degrees). I
tell her that I'll accept full liability for the results and if it's not
right I'll send it back after one bite and won't pay for it. She always
makes 'em for me the way I want. I sit in the outside back patio with my
pals from the Burbank Road Kings, enjoy my 'burger, a few Coronas and a
smoke. Life is good!!!

~Semper Fi~