Posted to rec.food.baking
Baking Mad Baking Mad is offline

Default Pizza dough- Type"00" flour, etc...

Hello.

Anyone try using Type "00" flour for pizza dough, baked in a standard
kitchen oven? I've tried King Arthur Flour's "Italian style" flour.
It made a very slack dough, which took some getting used to.
I don't know whether imported Type "00" would differ much from KA's.

I've been placing the pizza pan directly onto the bottom of a small
oven, with decent results. Does using a baking stone placed on the
bottom make much of a difference? Sometimes I'll place the tray
between the bottom of the oven and a baking stone and slide the pizza
onto the stone for a little extra crispy crust bottom.