Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Jeff Givens[_2_] Jeff Givens[_2_] is offline

Default Baanana Pudding

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 10:20:18 -0500 Stan Marks >
wrote:

>INGREDIENTS:
>Sugar, 1 cup
>6 tbsp flour
>4 eggs, separated
>2 cups milk (whole milk, preferably)
>6 tbsp butter
>2 tsp vanilla extract
>Vanilla wafers
>Bananas
>Sugar, 9 tsp (for meringue)

[...]

>presentation, if nothing else.)
>
>Stan

That recipe seems to be the common theme. The common variations are butter,
how much butter, no butter and the amount of flour.

Other variations are substitution of cream and/or cream cheese.

I have made two now with decent results. The first was a basic custard,
heavy on flour.

The second was the same with 1/2 stick of butter. I also added some
cinnamon and nutmeg. This, while totally non-traditional, was a pleasant
surprise.

I think the next will be using a cream substitute and less cinnamon/nutmeg.
After that I will try some cream cheese.

The meringue is a real problem. It is weeping and oozing a ton and causing
a lot of liquid to collect in the BP. I may have to abandon this and go
naked, saving whipped cream for serving only.
JG... Jeff Givens

"My hovercraft is full of eels."