Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bill Funk Bill Funk is offline

Default Newbie needs HELP!

On 8 Apr 2007 16:55:26 -0700, "Brettster" >
wrote:

>Again, THANK YOU to everybody who made these great recommendations. I
>am really, really overjoyed about my progress, and I couldn't have
>done it without you.

You've evidently done real well at learning!
I do a few different things to my burgers...
I always use 80% lean ground beef; leaner, as you've leaqrned, means
less flavor, as well as burgers that sometimes just fall apart.
I always add an egg; it helps the burgers stay together.
I don't really like American Cheese product; I like real cheese. Sharp
cheddar is great. Any cheddar is better than American cheese wannabe.
Well, my wife likes it.
Also, I find that adding shredded/crumbled cheese to the burger itself
is a good thing; a little bleu cheese adds a kick, and even feta
cheese is good.
The usual suspects (woostershire sauce(), soy sauce, etc) certainly
don't hurt.
I also will add some chopped garlic (so far, I've only found only diet
soda to not benefit form added garlic; I'm sure there are other
things) does wonders.
Garlic Festival (http://www.garlicfestival.com/) makes some very good
seasonings. If you can attend a Rennaisance Faire, they have a booth
(at least they do at the one near Phoenix).
Did I mention I like garlic?
Enjoy!

The White House gave John Kerry's
campaign nemesis Sam Fox, who funded