Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Stan Marks Stan Marks is offline

Default Baanana Pudding

In article >,
Jeff Givens > wrote:

> Anyone have a fav BP recipe? Something more then boxed pudding glopped on
> some vanilla wafers - I know there isn't much more than that but what I had
> the other day was so damn good it has me wondering.

My mother's recipe for banana pudding has always been a good one. My
wife makes it, and everyone just raves about it. MUCH better than
anything using boxed mixes or canned pudding. (Sorry, Big Jim.

INGREDIENTS:
Sugar, 1 cup
6 tbsp flour
4 eggs, separated
2 cups milk (whole milk, preferably)
6 tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
Vanilla wafers
Bananas
Sugar, 9 tsp (for meringue)

PREPARATION:
Sift together sugar and flour, add to beaten egg yolks. Add milk, stir
well. Cook over low heat in a double boiler until thickened. Add butter
and vanilla.

Line bottom of baking dish with wafers, put a layer of sliced bananas,
then a layer of custard. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used
up. Top with meringue of stiffly-beaten egg whites and remaining sugar.
Brown in 350? oven.

(If you like, you can leave off the meringue, but it does make a nice
presentation, if nothing else.)

Stan

--
Stan Marks