Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterLucas[_2_] PeterLucas[_2_] is offline

Default frozen shrimp, how long will they keep in freezer?

Omelet > wrote in newsmp_omelet-
:

> In article >,
> PeterLucas > wrote:
>
>> Omelet > wrote in
>> news >>

fillet,

1/2

two

>> > I need to grill prawns again. The smoked flavor is very

complimentary.

http://i3.tinypic.com/4d4txqb.jpg

> Mixed organic greenery with a choice of dressings.

Salad tongs!! LOL!! We used to use salad 'servers', but whenever it's
just the SO and me, we use our hands..... much easier, and saves on
washing up :-)

> Dinner 040407
> http://i13.tinypic.com/2lna7te.jpg
>
> Baked salmon with herbs and lemon, sautee'd shrimp and steamed

veggies.
> Simple and delicious. ;-d

The prawns and asparagus look nice, can't see the salmon for the skin
and the lemons!!

Another way to do the spears is to 'marinate' them in a shallow dish
with some EVOO, Balsamic, salt&pepper. Don't have to leave them too
long, just long enough for a griddle frypan to get *very* hot. Drop the
spears on so that they get the char marks across, turn once, leave for
15secs and they are done.

I had a friend who vowed *never* to eat as. spears because all she'd
ever had was the tinned type. She tried my char grilled spears and now
cooks them like that all the time :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
-- George Orwell