Posted to alt.food.barbecue
WhansaMi WhansaMi is offline

Default Baanana Pudding

"Jeff Givens" > wrote in message
> OK, over the last couple of years I have become rather proficient in butt
> &
> beans (real smoked beans, none of the BBQ place I visit in the south seem
> to do this), but I've realized I am missing a key item of the BBQ troika.
>
> I had some of the best damn BP in my life the other day and I realized
> this
> egregious omission in my manu.
>
> Anyone have a fav BP recipe? Something more then boxed pudding glopped on
> some vanilla wafers - I know there isn't much more than that but what I
> had
> the other day was so damn good it has me wondering.
>
> Thanks.

My guess is that they make it with sweetened condensed milk and whipped
cream instead of just whole milk. It makes it much creamier and nicer:

a.. 1 large pkg instant vanilla pudding, (6 ounces)
b.. 2 1/2 cups cold milk
c.. 1 can sweetened condensed milk, (14 ounces)
d.. 1 container whipped topping, (16 ounces)
e.. sliced bananas
f.. vanilla wafer cookies
Mix pudding and milk; add condensed milk. Blend well; fold in half the
whipped topping. Alternate layers of pudding, bananas and vanilla wafers;
top with remaining whipped topping and a few banana slices. Refrigerate
overnight before serving.
I"ve also heard of people using cream cheese to make it richer, but I've not
tried this recipe:

a.. 1 large box of instant vanilla pudding mix
b.. 1 (8oz.) soft cream cheese, at room temperature
c.. 1 large can of sweetened condensed milk
d.. 1 extra large whipped topping
e.. 2 large boxes of vanilla wafers cookies
f.. 10 large bananas
Prepare pudding, as to box, with mixer then set aside. Next blend cream
cheese in another bowl, add milk and blend well. Then you can add your
pudding to the cream cheese mixture and mix well. Then you are ready to add
cool whip, you want to fold this in, but do not mix.

Layer the bottom of serving bowl with wafers, then bananas, and then
pudding, and repeat, several times over. Chill for at least two hours.