Vox Humana

Default HELP! Stove Keeps Flashing and Beeping "F1"

"Jordan Zimmer" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hello to all. I'm fairly new around here, so please bear with me. We

own
> a Frigidaire smoothtop range model #GLEF396. At approximately 10 PM last
> night, we heard this continuous beeping noise coming from the kitchen.

Upon
> closer examination, we noticed that the clock/timer display on the stove

was
> flashing "F1". We tried unplugging the stove, resetting the clock, but
> nothing worked. It's still doing it, and is starting to drive us a little
> crazy! I think I'm just going to unplug the stove for the rest of the

night.
> Needless to say, we ordered take-out... The burners on the range still

seem
> functional, but we cannot get the oven to come on, as the touchpad isn't
> responding to any of our commands. It just keeps beeping and flashing.
> There are no repair centers open around here on the weekends, so I have to
> wait until Monday at the earliest before calling someone to come over.

Does
> anyone know what the problem might be? We've had no complaints or

problems
> with the stove until last night. Any advice is much appreciated!

I forgot to add, you can try to reboot your oven and see if the code will
cancel. Turn off the circuit breaker or unplug the range for about 20
minutes. When you restore the power the code will probably be gone. Don't
assume that the problem is fixed because it will likely reoccur.