Posted to rec.food.equipment
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default Vita Mix blender/juicer/grinder at Costco

In article . com>,
says...
http://www.vitamix.com/) I
> couldn't pull myself away from the demonstration, and I was literally
> amazed at how the machine made a fruit smoothie (just like Jamba
> Juice), a frozen ice cream mix of fruit, and some hot tortilla soup
> all in less than 10 minutes. I sampled each of the products and was
> amazed at how good they were. Then, when I learned that it can also
> grind wheat and other grains, I was almost sold on the product.
>
> Costco is selling the item for $350 base price, which comes with a
> "wet" blade that works with drinks, soups, etc. The sell another
> "dry" blade that is used for grinding wheat and other grains ($75).
>
> We just had a $30 blender die on us last week, so we've been looking
> for a new blender. We are also very interested in grinding our own
> grains, so we've been looking at some wheat grinders (i.e., Wonder
> Mill), which run about $200-250.
>
> If we could get a juicer, mixer, food processor, and wheat grinder all
> in one machine, then I could see jumping at the $425 it would take to
> purchase it. I'd like to get some feedback from others who have used
> the product - especially as a wheat/grain grinder - before I spend the
> money.
>
> Any feedback on the product in general and on the dry blade setup and
> its benefits would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

I do not have any experience with the machine, but I do know that any
tool that claims to do so many things really well is a rip-off 99.9% of
the time. Remember that those demos are cleverly scripted to wow the
audience.

--
Peter Aitken