Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ravenlynne Ravenlynne is offline

Default Another one: Whats the best meal you ever cooked...

TammyM wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:59:30 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> > wrote:
>
>> ... I mean "The One" that had everyone begging for more?

> 'Twas an anniversary dinner for my folks. I completely catered to
> THEIR tastes which is as it should be. Scampi for her, porterhouse
> steak for him. Rice pilaf for her, potatoes au gratin for him. To be
> honest, I can't remember the rest, it was over 10 years ago (the 10th
> anniversary of my father's death is coming up on April 10, may
> perpetual light shine on my daddy.). What I do remember, as they were
> walking away from the house, is him softly saying to my mother, "I
> didn't realize what a great cook she is." That'll warm my cockles
> forever.
>
> TammyM

I know the feeling! The first christmas after I got married I cooked
christmas dinner for my grandparents (who raised me). My grandmother
called when they got home after dinner and told me that my grandfather
said "that one one of the best meals that I've ever had..I didn't know
she could cook like that". I almost cried..I never get compliments from
my grandfather....