Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chatty Cathy Chatty Cathy is offline

Default Another one: Whats the best meal you ever cooked...

wff_ng_7 wrote:

> Somehow I don't think your looking for this one. I like it immensely,
> and my parents loved it too when they were visiting. There was no point
> of them begging for more, because what was served was all there was.
> Kids, on the otherhand, would running from the room screaming if I had
> ever served it to them. I knew better than to try, plus it would be too
> much work for larger numbers of people.

LOL. But I don't think our 3 y/o would run screaming from the room...
she is the least "picky eater" I know Do you know many 3 y/o's that
will eat snails in garlic sauce? ... and she walked up to me today and
asked for some olives to snack on! She eats just about anything we do,
including shellfish. Loves shrimp (clever girl) <VEG>

> It's fresh shucked oysters poached in some of their own liquor and
> butter, with white wine, a touch of Tabasco and a touch of Angostora
> added. The vegetable was wilted spinach with raisins, a small amount of
> garlic, and a much bigger touch of Angostura added. And rice as the
> starch. Unfortunately, there is no recipe for either... I eyeball it as
> I go, depending on the amount I'm making. The balance of flavors in both
> the oysters and the spinach is critical, using that odd combination of
> ingredients.
>
> The hard part is shucking the oysters. Even though I'm quite proficient
> doing it, I'm not about to do it and have someone turn their noses up
> because they don't like shellfish.

This sounds like its really worth a try, thanks for the suggestion.
Even tho' I'll have to wing it
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy