JWC

Default Ceramic (glass) cooktops--Which pots can be used?

On Sat, 22 May 2004 00:44:38 +0000 (UTC), Jim Yanik >
wrote:

>I wonder why they don't make a gas cooktop with burners that have more than
>one burner ring? If you had a couple of burners with 2-3 progressively
>larger concentric burner rings,you could have more flexibility as to size
>of pot that can be used on each position.Probably cost,although I think for
>a premium stove,the extra cost would not be that great.
>
>Comments welcome,but be nice. :-)

We have a 3 year old Maytag with 5 burner rings, Four are regular and
on is a warmer. One burner, front left, does have dual rings. While
I have no specific evidence, we believe that when the burner is set
to "Large" the inner burner does not get as hot as the outer one.