Lew

Default Ceramic (glass) cooktops--Which pots can be used?

We are considering installing a GE electric ceramic cooktop range, but
some of the useage instructions have us worried. Our favorite pots are
enameled cast iron European pots (Creuset) that work very well on our
old electric coil elements stove. We also have some cast iron pots
that are not enameled on the bottom but are reasonable smooth.

The instructions say not to use either of these. The ones without
enamel bottoms could scratch, and even the enameled ones could heat up
too much and trip the heat-control mechanism in the cooktop.

Does anyone have experience with this situation, or advice on whether
these pots can be used safely?

I'd hate to have to buy all new pots!

TIA.

Lew