Blair P. Houghton

Default Digital kitchen scale recommendations?

BSI > wrote:
>Hello all...
>
>I went out and bought a Salter Aquatronic 3007. The problem i have with
>this scale is that it will shutoff before the automatic shutoff timeout.
>With the exception of this one problem, it is a good scale. At first I
>thought i bought a lemon, so I went and bought another one from a different
>store; however, it still does the same thing. I went to return this second
>scale when someone suggested that it might be the batteries. So i bought
>new batteries; however, the problem persists. I've read some past mesages
>regarding the Salter Aquatronics and I can't find anybody else having
>similar problems. I will be returning this scale and looking for another
>digital scale. Can anyone suggest one for me? It would be fantastic if
>someone could suggest one that measures fluid ounces as well.

I got this one a couple years ago, iirc at Sur la Table:

http://www.salterhousewares.com/tpag...p.asp?model=21

Works great.

How does the 3007 figure out fluid ounces? For water, they're
just normal ounces. Does it adjust for the kind of fluid?

--Blair
"That could be handy."