Edwin Pawlowski

Default jennair RIP OFF

"Bob Gelb" > wrote in message
> It cost me $97.00.
> When I got the backsplash unit, it was no more than a 30" x 4" piece of
> sheet metal painted black with two brackets. The whole thing is worth no
> more than $10.00. I wrote Jennair and told them after spending $1600 for

one
> of their stoves, i feel ripped off to spend an addl $97 for a $10 piece of
> painted sheet metal. As I expected, I got the typical email from them ,
> thanking me for my comments. No more Jennair's for me....in my new house,

> will not even consider them anymore...

Not just Jenn-air. Most manufacturers have items like that. Want to
install wood flooring? Check out the prices for matching trim. Need a
replacement part? Just bend over and bring your own lubricant.

Try some industrial equipment. New valve is $500. New gasket kit is $250,
replacement spring $150. Actual value of both: $15. The list goes on and
on.

If you decided to make your own backsplash you'd probably spend more than
the $97 to get the metal cut, painted, brackets, etc. Sure it cost 10 bucks
in volume, but they got you by the cajones so they just gently squeeze them.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome