Bob Gelb

Default jennair RIP OFF

Well, after 15 years, I replaced my downdraft jennair electric stove with a
new one. I am selling the house, and replaced it with the only electric
stove with a downdraft, yes, another jennair. Cost me over $1600. Since I am
backing it to a wall, I needed the "optional" backsplash. It cost me $97.00.
When I got the backsplash unit, it was no more than a 30" x 4" piece of
sheet metal painted black with two brackets. The whole thing is worth no
more than $10.00. I wrote Jennair and told them after spending $1600 for one
of their stoves, i feel ripped off to spend an addl $97 for a $10 piece of
painted sheet metal. As I expected, I got the typical email from them ,
thanking me for my comments. No more Jennair's for me....in my new house, I
will not even consider them anymore...

Bob