Posted to alt.food.wine
filippo[_2_] filippo[_2_] is offline

Default 'Chianti' Riserva?

UC wrote:
> filippo

>> UC wrote:
>>> ..I
>>> thought the wine was not good at all, because it had no flavor to
>>> speak of. It was neutral-tasting, like water, but it was deeply
>>> colored and not 'watery' in texture. I suggested the dealer not buy
>>> any more,

>> to say the very least..

> But someone thought highly of it!! Is it possible I got a flajey
> bottle? the wine was not 'bad' (I have had 'bad' wine before), but it
> simply was not 'good'.

Relative notions of "good", "bad", and "ugly", I suppose.
A wine which is:

a- neutral tasting
b- like water
c- deeply coloured
d- "not 'watery' " in texture (i.e. tannins like a tarmac, I guess)

we may dispute about whether it is "not good" or "bad", as long and
fiercely as we want, but:
I think I will hardly find myself fighting in order to get the last
glass of it.