James Cooper

Default vintage clamp-type pressure cooker

I found an old Minutemaid clamp-type pressure cooker at an estate
sale. It is oval in shape, like a roaster, made of polished aluminum.
It came with an extra gasket and looks like new except for some minor
oxidation of the top surfaces. Pressure is regulated via a pivoting
threaded rod which sits atop the pressure regulator valve and is
adjustable for 0-7 psi (max). The vented steam passes through a
stainless steel Whistle. I tested it today and it works perfectly and
seems pretty safe because if the heat goes much above the minimum
needed to maintain the set pressure, the whistle is almost unbearable.
It has a solder plug for safety. Has anyone seen one of these? How
would I adjust the cooking times from a standard 15 lb cooker recipe?
It doesn't have any instructions. Thanks, James