Posted to rec.food.sourdough
TG[_3_] TG[_3_] is offline

Default Endothermic reactions

On 13 Mar, 15:50, "atty" > wrote:
> hmmmm
>
> good point - so you are looking for more alcohol(s) and less CO2?..

I'll let those with mixers answer that one.

> on 'leavener' thishttp://www.epicurious.com/cooking/how_to/food_dictionary/entry?id=3254
> treats 'leaven' as the verb
>
> though I know your use as noun is ... 'good English'.
> andy forbes

Okay, I think a few might query your use of Biblical yeast Andy. As
for the rest, I think you're being a bit idealologicalistical.

You have to be careful not to confuse 'usage' with 'standard'. It
certainly isn't standard British English. If I can use fewer letters
to say the same thing that's good, but I still think to make a noun
into a noun by adding an ending is ugly if not bad English. I won't be
using it. I really am not an English scholar though so perhaps I
should keep shtum.

This made me laugh though.
http://tinyurl.com/38w5mz

Jim