Posted to rec.food.sourdough
atty atty is offline

Default Endothermic reactions

> moment to invest in a subject that is, lets face it, purely academic

hi Jim

sorry my English is not up to your standards

just remind you that no doubt the discovery of yeast by Pasteur was
once upon a time judged of purely academic interest by most

I am also reminded of a professional baker friend of mine who though
otherwise a great baker (making possibly best commercial ciabatta
available in London, by rotten dough method) refused to attempt
sourdough because he had been taught at bakery college that any other
yeast in his bakery than baker's yeast was dangerous. I strongly
suspect if he had tried sourdough he would not have gone bankrupt and
lost his bakery and home above (which has now been demolished) - he
might even be well off instead of unemployed ...

yours
Andy Forbes

ps
sorry if I have repeatedly posted another message today - result of a
problem with big delay of message showing up at
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...be6d13/?hl=en#
- I'll try to be more patient