Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
graham[_1_] graham[_1_] is offline

Default Beautiful Bread

"Ravenlynne" > wrote in message

>> The baking technique is what is important, I think. I now make most of
>> my bread using a Le Creuset at 450F. The recipe however, is one of my
>> own.
>> Graham

> I made the no knead recipe here for the first time and it was the best
> I've ever made. I think the atmosphere is great here for bread
> baking...and Naples bakeries make some wonderful sourdoughs so I'm going
> to try that too.

I often make a SD sponge with the leftover culture from when I refresh the
"mother".
To the SD I add 100g bread flour and 70ml water, mix and leave for a few
hours or over night depending on my schedule. I then add 280ml of water
400g of flour, 2tsp instant yeast (dissolved in the water) and 2 tsp salt,
knead proof and rise in the usual way. During the second rise, I heat the
Le Creuset in the oven and when ready, tip the dough into the pot, slash it
and put on the lid.
The 400g of flour usually includes about 50g of rye flour.
It's not pure sourdough but then, I'm not a SD fanatic{:-)
Graham