Jack Denver

Default Sur La Table cookware - anybody seen it?

I've got that same pan in Cuisinarts' "copper" tri-ply line (thin layer of
copper on outside, just enough to make pan difficult to maintain). The
performance of this pan is very good for what I paid.

I paid $5 (yes you read that right) at a Conair outlet because the lacquer
coating had chipped and the pan had a little tarnish on it. The lacquer all
has to come off anyway if you intend to actually cook with the pan.

No way would I have paid the "list" price of $300 , or even the "discount"
price of $130, or even $80 for the Multiclad version of the same pot. $60 is
a "fair" price, $30 would be an excellent deal (this is I think what the
outlets charge on a regular basis) and of course $5 was an absolute steal.
It shows you how essentially the same pot can be sold at vastly different
prices depending on where and how it is sold.

The people on ebay are probably buying them from the outlet store. The
Conair outlet I bought from is in Jackson, NJ.

"Sheellah" > wrote in message
> Cuisinart also makes a nice 5.5 qt. saute pan in their Multiclad fully

clad
> line. Very nice weight and finish. It's $79.99 at Amazon, where they also

have
> a $29 off a $129 housewares purchase going on now. It's deeper than the
> All-Clad, but that makes it better for frying and braising. Best deal

though is