Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Viviane Viviane is offline

Default Beautiful Bread

The newspapers in Australia have also been calling it "their" recipe! It
looks as though it has become really popular all round the world. It's the
usual story - success has many parents but failure is an orphan.

The best thing about this bread is that it has fascinated by 9 year old who
can't believe she can make bread so easily. After cooking, we slice it and
freeze it. Then we pull it out one slice at a time and she takes it to
school for lunch. It's the only thing she's eaten for the last few weeks.
Not sure how long this fad will last.

I was really pleased to be able to make a good heavy bread. The closest
thing I've seen to it here is sourdough or turkish bread. Being able to
make my own means I no longer have to try and find some as the best shops
are quite a distance from home (but worth travelling for).