Posted to rec.food.equipment
Robert Klute[_2_] Robert Klute[_2_] is offline

Default All Clad Cookware

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:22:30 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:

>2. I don't think it makes any sense to have either aluminum or copper on
>the vertical sides of a saucepan. Saucepans get heated directly, by the heat
>source below. What heat moves up the sides is miniscule. The extra weight and heft
>of the fully clad cookware is something I wouldn't want.

I had no problem with disk bottomed pans when I use electric stove tops.
On my gas range, however, I find that the side of the pan just at the
edge of the disk can get very hot, resulting in a tendency to burn
anything adhering there. I prefer fully clad or solid material pans for
that reason.