Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Anyone vere used dill w/ lima beans?

In article . com>,
"mm" > wrote:

> On Mar 5, 1:24 am, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article .com>,
> >
> > "mm" > wrote:
> > > Try making a soup with lima beans (I used dried one soaked overnigth)
> > > using onions and amy be garlic too. Then add dill (fresh one) just
> > > before removing the heat.

> > > I made it once only ...that's only because I hate peeling the skin. I
> > > don't like to eat the skin on lima beans ..

> > I don't eat Lima beans (can't stand 'em!) but I do often use dill with
> > steamed veggie dishes. Fish too.

> I never used with steam veges. I should try. I love dill btu never
> knew where to use to finish off the big bunch you get in an Asian
> store.

I often dry the large bunches I get at the asian market and store in a
jar. I use them on just about any steamed veggie as well as grilled fish
and sauteed shrimps.

Take 1 lb. of peeled and deveined shrimp and toss into a skillet in a
mix of hot butter and olive oil. Add a light sprinkling of garlic
powder, a generous amount of dried (or fresh) dill weed and a bit of
salt free lemon pepper.

Stir gently until all of the shrimp is pink.

Serve over steamed veggies, pasta, or rice.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.