Dee Randall

Default Wusthof Classic 7-Inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife

"Blanche Nonken" > wrote in message

> > On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:39:57 GMT, Colin > wrote:
> >
> > >Sad to say, but getting a new handle is probably more expensive than a

> > >new knife.

> There is that - but if I had a knife that was perfect *for me* (I have
> smallish hands) and the only thing wrong was the scales, I'd talk to a
> local woodworker about what I could get. It shouldn't cost a huge
> amount for someone with the tools and the hardwood or micarta scraps
> lying around. Band saw, belt sander, some hand-sanding the person could
> do themself if they wanted to give it a personal touch.

That's good advice; however, since I'm not too trusting when it comes to
knife safety so I'm going to search for a new carbon-steel (no stainless for
me) knife in an asian shoppe. I know there are many skilled people, but I
just couldn't trust it; it would always be in the back of my mind, "When's
that thing going to go flyin' off?"

Thanks everyone for your input on the Wusthof knife everyone. I really
appreciate it. Yeah, I'm like the wife of one of the respondent's,
everything that Rachel does is AOK with me and I always want what she's
using -- especially that yellow stove with that broiler! Where'd she get
that?

Dee