Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Seasoning

cybercat > wrote:

> Yes. I'm frequently amazed by the ignorance people exhibit regarding basic
> nutrition. There are so many people who, due to various media distortions
> of nutrition studies and their own need to oversimplify to keep it easy,
> think, "Fat Bad. Meat Bad. Vegetables Good."
>
> It's just not that simple.
>
> As for the OP, the dish he gave as an example had no rice, no beans,
> no dairy, and I saw nothing in his post to suggest that he eats those
> things. Or that he doesn't, as a matter of fact.
>
> Hell, maybe he will respond, we'll see what his take on it is. heh

I'm frequently amazed by the ignorance people exhibit when they read
too much into what isn't written.

I have chicken or fish at least two meals a week and red meat maybe
once a month. There's a hell of a lot of salt in canned foods. So
much salt that I dislike low sodium soups. I eat rice with dinner
3-7 nights a week and sting beans whenever we have them. At least
once a week, my lunch is a baked potato with butter, green onions,
and chipotle.

I'd drink milk except my family likes 1% and I like real milk. Tonight
I had a ham steak with rice and mixed vegetables. My usual is two meals
a day because I am disabled, inactive, etc. and not hungry. If I need
a snack, it's either fruit or sardines. I weigh over 260 (188 kg or
18.5 stones). My good colesteral is high, bad colesteral is low, and
my blood pressure is 118 over 60.

Vegetables are very good for you. My back is held together with
two chunks of concrete and doctors keep giving me heavy duty pain
killers. Pain killers plus a normal amount of red meat result in
opiate-induced constipation - and that is often more painful than
back pain. Vegetables go though your digestive system as smoothly
as a tender lover working on your neck.

I'd just like to find different seasoning to perk up my meals.

Thanks to every one who has made constructive suggestions. In
particular, I like the orange and lemon zest ideas. I have both
of those readily available as I peel the zest off citrus (except
grapefruit which I detest) for flavoring with vodka.

Dick