Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default Seasoning

"Julia Altshuler" > wrote:

> When Lappe came out with _Diet For A Small Planet_, she made it sound like
> exact protein combining was necessary or deficiencies would result. In
> later editions of the book, she updated her information. If you're
> getting rice and beans over the course of a week, you're getting
> complementary proteins. They don't have to be eaten at the same meal.

Yes. I'm frequently amazed by the ignorance people exhibit regarding basic
nutrition. There are so many people who, due to various media distortions
of nutrition studies and their own need to oversimplify to keep it easy,
think, "Fat Bad. Meat Bad. Vegetables Good."

It's just not that simple.

As for the OP, the dish he gave as an example had no rice, no beans,
no dairy, and I saw nothing in his post to suggest that he eats those
things.
Or that he doesn't, as a matter of fact.

Hell, maybe he will respond, we'll see what his take on it is. heh