Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
The Galloping Gourmand The Galloping Gourmand is offline

Default Caguamanta estilo Sonora

On Feb 27, 2:22?pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:

> So... as I am reading the mantarrey thing, I've got both octopus and shark
> in mind. Then the recipe itself turns out to be nothing more than basic
> Mexican red sauce in which to cook the fish.
>
> OK.... Not bad.
>
> But nothing in your writing inspired me to try it.

The main thing I was interested in, was finding out if manta ray and
shark and other members of the family tasted pretty much the same, or
if some really had a better taste.

The only shark I can remember ever eating was served al fresco on the
South Pacific island of Moorea.

The dining room had a thatched roof of palm fronds supported by tree
trunk pillars and there were chickens running around under the tables
scratching for bugs or eating whatever the tourists dropped on the
ground.

The shark was cooked in a sauce of black pepper, so I have no idea
what it really tasted like.